Monday, September 14, 2009

Modular rack #2 complete....


After a bit of re-arrangement I have finally finished the second modular rack, primarily intended for audio signal processing. Initially I had wanted it to include a recycled ARP phaser, stereo lowpass filter, panner and nonlinear waveshaper, but I had 2 project PCBs laying around from long long ago that I thought I could include that have a 4 pole transistor ladder (or Moog) LPF and an auxiliary VCA on the same card. So after including these, the arrangement is: 2x 4 pole resonant lopass filters, stereo voltage controlled panner and 2x voltage controlled attenuators. This is a pic of the inside of the box with the front panel folded down:


The VCA/VCF boards are from EFM (VCF2F) and the panner circuit is from Forrest Cook ca. 1994, set up as a discrete differential pair with a voltage controlled tail current source. I have been working on the EFM cards on and off since ~2002, they needed a lot of tweaking to get set up right, scaled properly etc. etc. so I am glad to have them done, the panner layout is my design, done on perfboard with two SIP daughtercard modules for the left and right differential amp stages. All of the chassis wiring is teflon silver plated copper mil-spec wiring, and the harness are laced with hemp twine, which works great if you don't have any lacing tape around...

No comments: